12th Virtual Round Table Web Conference on 15-17 April 2021 for language educators
Come and join us for a edtech tools festival, app swap party and games con!
Tools, apps and games for language education. We love them!
Tools for teaching and learning a language, for student engagement communication apps for parents, lesson planning software, games, apps for assessment, learning management systems, websites, webservices, professional development qualifications and much more.
The Virtual Round Table Webconferenc is free to attend.
Do you want to present your favorite tool, app or game? We are looking forward to hearing all about it in 10min / 20min presentations or 1h workshops.
In particular we are looking for experience and tips on how to use the following tools for language teaching and learning…
- MS Teams/ OneNote Class, Moodle, Google Classroom, Canvas, Edmodo, Schoology and other LMS Learning Management Systems
- Zoom, WebEx, Adobe, GoToMeeting and other video conferencing tools
- Padlet, Wakelet, Miro, Google Jamboard, Google slides, shared Whiteboards, and other sticky notes whiteboard tools
- Quizlet (Live), Kahoot, Google Forms, Mentimeter and other quiz or assment tools
- FutureLearn, Coursera, Udemy, LinkedIn Learning and other platforms for learning content
- Video editing software, Flipgrid, Audacity, Playpos.it, Screencast-O-matic, Powtoon and other video creation/ video scribing tools or apps
- Google Translate, MS Translate and other dictionary apps
- Mozilla Hubs, OpenSim, CoSpaces, Altspace and other 3D tools
- DuoLingo, games, games and games
- and more….
Deadline for submission: 6 April 2021
Thu, 15 April 21 – 3pm – 8pm GMT (start 4pm London, 8am Los Angeles)
Fri, 16 April 21 – 11am – 4pm GMT (start 12pm London, Tokyo 8pm, 7am New York)
Sat, 17 April 21 – 9am – 1pm GMT (start 10am London, Sydney 7pm, Buenos Aires 6am)
To join such a conference, from the comfort of home, at times which suited me, was a delight. I made contact with others around the world who had interesting opinions and were happy to share them. I would love to take part in another virtual conference. – Sue, USASue, from the United States
…and another comment …
An excellent overview of the wide range of opportunities now available to teachers who really want to get into an online environment. The presenters and moderators struck a fine balance between providing interesting and informative content without overselling their concepts and services.Brent, Germany
The VIRTUAL ROUND TABLE Web Conference is unique because …
- it is a free web conference for language teaching professionals
- it takes place live online from the comfort of your home
- it is solely dedicated to language teaching and learning with technology
- ALL of the sessions are being recorded
We look forward to meeting you online!
For sponsorship opportunities please see our sponsorship brochure.