- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Workshop: Exploiting wikis to enhance and add value to language training
23. April 2010 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Friday, 23 April 2010 – 10am GMT (11am London Time)
Hawaii midnight (Wed/Thu), Los Angeles 3am, New York 6am, London 11am, Paris 12pm, Dubai 2pm, New Delhi 3:30pm, Beijing 6pm, Tokyo 7pm, Sydney 8pm
For World Time click HERE
This practical, hands on workshop will show how to effectively exploit the potential of wikis to enhance and add value to language training. In common with other popular Web 2.0 technologies, wikis require very little technical expertise and can be easily deployed to great effect in a variety of teaching contexts ranging from corporate training to higher education courses and from one-to-one to group lessons.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able use wikis to
· provide students with a safe online learning environment,
· deliver materials and encourage learner autonomy,
· interact with learners and provide effective feedback, and
· act as a staging post for students to access other online resources.
About Carl Dowse
Carl Dowse is currently a lecturer responsible for undergraduate business-related English courses at the FOM – Fachhochschule für Ökonomie & Management in Essen, Germany. He also works for The Consultants-e, an award-winning teaching-with-technology educational consultancy, as a facilitator on on-line courses in ICT in the classroom, Cert IBET, Moodle basics, using wikis for teaching and e-moderation.