- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
VRT3 Online Resources
21. April 2012 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday, 21 April 2012 3:30pm GMT | 0:30am Tokyo (Sun) | 8:30am LA
For World Time click here http://tinyurl.com/21Apr330pmGMT
Adobe ConnectPro room (enter as guest)
Parallel Session (90min)
Dr. Natalja Cigankova
Essential Digital Visualisation Tools for Language Learning
An old proverb says that it is better to see something once than hear about it a hundred times.
Enhancing language learning with visual dictionaries, thesauri and text visualisation tools is a step forward in language education, as it helps to create an appealing and inspiring learning environment, triggers students’ creativity and encourages research-based learning through language exploration. The session will demonstrate practical ways to use online visualisation tools for a range of motivating classroom activities.
Dr. Natalja Cigankova and Dr. Zigrida Vincela are assistant professors in applied linguistics at the University of Latvia, interested in both – language teaching and researching. They strive to apply the achievements of corpus linguistics and language technology to real-life language education. Since 2001, they have been teaching university courses on the use of modern technology for language learning and teaching as a part of the MA in ELT Methodology program.
From Classworks to RL
I have as French teacher a lot of materials, a library published on internet. They could be used as teaching material, class portfolio, personal teaching portfolio, partners for project searching, project starter, or, advertising material for being a tourist guide, or to sell tpuristic pages.
My short bio:
1. autodidact in ICT in teaching
2. MA in ICT in education
3. SL user and teaching with about France
4. half PhD in web based tools for teaching foreign languages
5. inspector in teachers trainind in the Ministry of Education Romania for 10 years
6. expert in tutoring on line
7. expert in training and teaching on-line
8. 2 books and a lot of articles published in ICT in teaching
9. teacher of French and drop out blocker by leting students work their own subjects they like.
10. CS and Metin in learning a language